About This Site
This Site is the open data catarogue information portal site which is managed and run by Administrative Management Bureau,
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications under the planning of National Strategy office of Information and
Communications Technology in Cabinet Secretariat.
Background and Purpose
performance of computers and the advancement and diversification of devices now allow businesses and the general public as
data users to process and use a broad range of data in large volumes. Under these circumstances, there is now demand for
the use of a huge volume of wide-ranging public data owned by the national and local governments, independent
administrative agencies and other public entities for business and familiar public services.
In view of these social and economic circumstances, the Japanese government has decided to move forward with the Open
Data initiative, under which machine-readable data are made open under the rules of use that authorize secondary use,
including use for commercial purposes. It will also be working to build a Data Catalog Site for open data as a portal with cross-
source data search and other functions.
This Site is the Data Catalog Site of the Japanese Government. Its purposes are to provide a sphere for the use of data owned
by different governmental ministries and agencies as open data and to present the image of open data to both data providers
and data users.
It will encourage the use of open data and help collect examples of use. From an international perspective, publicity will be
increased as an initiative of the Japanese government for an integrated open data site.
The data should be noted that they also include past data in non-machine-readable formats, from the perspective of
covering a large volume of data.
Constraints on this site
without prior notice.
- The National Strategy Office of Information and Communications Technology in the Cabinet Secretariat created the logo mark in order to publicize open data, and made the mark open to the public on February 10, 2015. This logo mark expresses the disclosure of public data by using a symbol of an opened "can". (In Japanese, the sound "can" can also mean "government service".) Also, the mark indicates that various worldwide issues can be resolved by combining public data with private data. The color-coded numbers "0" and "1" that illuminate the earth are used to express this.
- This logo mark was created for the purpose of promoting and popularizing open data, such as for use in events or public websites of open data, or to introduce related products and services. You can use this mark freely: for example, for copies, public transmission, adaptations (translations or modifications), or even for commercial use. For more information, please access our Usage Guidelines for Logo Mark , which is available now.
- If you use the logo mark, we would appreciate it very much if you contact us from the website: Report using "DATA.GO.JP" data ( https://www.data.go.jp/communication/report-using-data-go-jp-data/ ). We will use this information for reference when we consider future approaches to open data.
- Please use the following files.
Number of pixel
|Logomark_AI.zip||AI||The files include multiple sizes.|
|Logomark_PNG.zip||PNG||The files include multiple sizes.|
|Logomark_JPEG.zip||JPEG||The files include multiple sizes.|
LinksAbout links to this Site
"this Site"). No notification is required. However, this does not apply if there is any note on
restrictions on links to specific data.
2. If you create a link to this Site, the link must explicitly state that it is a link to this Site although no permission or
notification is required. You may use the banner image below for your link to this Site, but do not use this image for
any purpose other than the link to this Site.
3. At the time of establishing a link to this Site, do not have this Site displayed inside any other web page.
About the banner
Third-party trademark ownership
States and other countries.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Flash and Flash Lite are registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the
United States and other countries.
Other names of companies, products and services are cited solely for the purpose of specifying them and may be registered
trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
This Site does not necessarily show trademark symbols, such as R and TM, alongside the names of systems, products and
equivalents stated on it.
the aim of unfailingly delivering accurate information to many users.
Scope of Application
The web pages under the control of the content management system at the domain of the Data Catalog Site
( https://www.data.go.jp/ ) and its subordinate domains.
- Specification of texts and link destinations dependent on the name of the organization
- Services provided by external parties, including videos, social networking services and other embedded content and their associated web pages
- Any page that is dynamically created with the use of a database such as search results
- Any data provided in any format in which they can be used in applications and programs, such as CSV and plain text formats